Well it has been a few weeks since my last blog and I have had a couple of requests for an updated blog...so here goes!
I feel really blessed right now. I have been afforded the privilege to be a stay at home mom for the majority of my kids life. Although I know that there have been many moments in my life when I have dreamed of going off to work and leaving the child rearing to someone else to handle, probably 99.9 percent of the time I have felt it a true privilege to have had the opportunity to be a stay at home mom! With Tanner leaving soon to go off to college I feel like the time I have had with him has been a huge blessing in my life and I hope he might feel the same way about having had his mom around. When I was 28 it was weird to hear older moms give their advice about how time fly by and before you know it your kids are all grown up and you are wishing for the days when the kids were driving you up a wall and you didn't have time to even jump in the shower let alone go to the bathroom alone! Now I am beginning to understand their advice because I find myself begging my kids to come to the bathroom with me to keep me company!! Boy do I miss the good'ole days! It is so true!! I know all my kids will be gone out of the house before I can blink and I am dreading those days just as much as I am looking forward to them. I feel so excited for my kids to grow up and achieve their dreams after all I have always encouraged them to do what ever might make them happy (especially if that meant being a Dr., Tanner! just kidding, Tanner!) but at the same time it also means letting go and allowing them to spread their wings and face the wonderful joys that await them even though that means I won't be by their side. I guess I just hope they don't forget their mom and how much she would love to have them come visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment