christmas

Friday, February 27, 2009

volunteer overload!

Hello everyone who follows my very interesting and exciting blog!! I wish more of you would make comments on my blog. I decided to write because it has been a while. I don't really have a lot to say although my mind seems be racing quit a bit lately. We are getting closer to doing foster care! Finally my background check came back, clean I might add!! I didn't have any worries I realized that it was taking a very long time for them to do the check...like 4 months long. We still don't have Scotts back yet but at least they are allowing us to go forward with home inspection! It has been a very long time since I had to child proof our home and this is the part I am not looking forward to. It has been kind of nice not to worry if one of my kids was going to die from ingesting some sort of cleaner! Oh well I guess it goes with the territory and I am the one asking to be a "mommy" again. I am getting really excited to do this as is everyone else in the family especially the girls. I hope it will be a great experience for us all as we learn to love those little ones that are in need of some stability, love and hope in their lives.

Tanner got another reply he was accepted into BYU Provo!! His seminary teacher was late in sending in his part of the application so it has effected his approval by pushing him back a semester he won't be allowed to attend until Winter 2010 that is just 4 months later then he would have liked to go but we will see if he even accepts their offer...we still need to hear back from 3 other schools! We should now in another two weeks for sure and then he will have to make a quick decision because some of the schools require you to reserve housing quickly.

I have felt a bit overwhelmed with all my obligations lately....I have gotten myself in over my head with something I volunteered for at Elle's school. I only have another week left of it and I will be soooooo happy when it is over. I am a team manager for her destination imagination group and it is soooo time consuming! Next week is the tournament and then it will be all over!!! I am sorry to say this but I really hope they don't win because I just don't want to continue on with doing it!

Well I need to run...I have a dinner group coming over to my house tonight and I haven't cleaned any of my bathrooms, vacuumed, dusted, or started cooking anything! Bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the new foster nieces and nephews! You guys are awesome for doing that.

As for the volunteer stuff....Just Say No (that's my motto!). Easier said than done, right?

Love ya and miss ya.

Conradblogfamily said...

Hey, we have friends here that got a little boy maybe 3 years old, darling. His parents are in drug rehab...he is so darling I can't imagine having to give him back. Congrats to Tanner, BYU is Jordans goal she'll just be a junior next year. Don't really know if Sidney or Hudson has goals. I moved to Colorado just so I would say NO and so far I have done a pretty good job. With 3 kids not much time to do anything else as you well know! Keep it up, looks like to do a lot of good service.