christmas

Friday, April 24, 2009

My Life!!

Hello my fans! I just wanted to touch bases with myself and the rest of you that follow the exciting adventures of my life!!

It has taken a month but I am finally over my flu and most of all the cough that came along with that. I am feeling great and healthy and feel so blessed to have a body that is able to give service to others especially I am able to take care of my family!! I have been on the other end of the spectrum and been in need of help in order to just take care of myself let alone my families needs, it feels so wonderful to be able to do for myself as well as others.

Emma got her braces on this week and she looks rather cute in them I think. I will have to down load a picture soon so you can all see. She has the camera today because she is taking Flat Stanley with her to school and then the mall today. Hannah sent Flat Stanley to her and so she has had fun doing things with him and taking pictures of all her adventures with him. He even got his own braces on! Emma is looking forward to summer and school getting over. I think it is a good thing she made it through 9th grade (that is a hard grade to get through, so many new changes in life). I am looking forward to her 10th grade year, so many great things to look forward to....turning 16 driving and dating!! Emma will be 15 in another week!!! She is growing into a wonderful young woman, I just love her!

Elle seems to be dealing with what 12 year old girls deal with (friend issues) just like I did at that age. It seems that girls that age just don't know how to be nice 24/7. But I have faith she will also get through this stage just like the rest of us girls did. Hopefully I am teaching her how to handle herself when she finds herself in a situation of meanness and can influence her friends to be kind. Elle is still working hard as a paper carrier and loves making money and now that winter is over and the weather is nice once again I haven't heard any complaints.

Both the girls are doing well with piano and seem to be getting better. They don't enjoy it much (do many kids their age enjoy it?) but they are starting to prepare for a piano recital. I talked the piano teacher into doing the recital the week that my parents will be here for Tanners graduation I am so happy they will get to attend the girls recital.

It is getting more real to me that Tanner will be graduating and moving on with his life. We put the down payment on his dorm room a couple of weeks ago. My baby really is going to move away from me!!!!!!!!!! I packed his last school lunch he needed to take on a school field trip yesterday (when he was in elementary and the first couple of years in high school I use to write him little notes on his napkins) I wrote him a note on a napkin and started to cry thinking it was going to be the last one I would be writing him. He got home from school and I asked him how he liked it and he said he didn't even know he had one because he threw his napkin away! All that crying and he just threw it away!! I thought is was so sad that it was funny!! I will have many more chances to write him little notes on napkins...one day he is just going to get napkin notes in the mail from his mom and he will think I am weird (not that he doesn't think that anyway) but I just realized that it is okay that he is growing up it is natural and something I have been teaching and training him to do his whole life. I still will have lots of chances to show him how much I love him and to do special things for him.

Well we are almost done with foster care licensing!! It has almost taken us a year to finish this process. Now I think Scott is having some reservations about it. I understand his feelings because I feel the same way. It is scary to think about taking kids into our home and having our whole life turned upside down because we are not sure what we are getting ourselves into. I just know that I have always had a desire to do this and so we will need to work through our fears and not be afraid to say no to a placement if it doesn't feel right to us. I am sure my blogs will start to deal with what our family is going through with foster care in the future.

Well I must go...I will post pictures soon!

4 comments:

T. Greer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T. Greer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T. Greer said...

Krys said: "I just wanted to touch bases with myself."

*sigh*

I give up.

Al said...

T. Greer, I had missed that one in my reading. Thanks for pointing it out! Also, total classic that T. threw the napkin away...I laughed.

Who are the peeps that are deleting their comments? Weird.

Love ya.