christmas

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break!

Grandpa with sweet Ava. This is one cousin we don't know very well :(
Grandma was bossing someone around, probably Grandpa!

Me and my little sissy! I hope Kate never got sick!!


Elle's beautiful tips turned blond after she told her Grandpa they would be purple!


Our favorite little person was Talon! He just loved Emma!


Waiting at the airport was a great place to do some people watching!



Well hello everyone! I am finally feeling better and inspired to write a little bit in my blog. The girls and I were off to Utah for spring break. Tanner felt like he had better things to do then spend another week in Utah with all those little cousins jumping all over him. I understand and frankly am surprised it took him this long to say no to another Utah trip. So it was the girls and I that got up at 4:30 am so we could make the shuttle to the airport in time to get on a plane as standby passengers! This is the first time we have flown that way which was interesting. I am so grateful that my cousin was able to give us a few buddy passes to allow us to fly so much more cheaply but as it is cheap to fly that way it is also a gamble if you will actually get on the flight you want let alone any flight at all! I wasn't feeling the best that morning and not sure if it was just stress or if I was actually sick I took a chance and the girls and I ended up not getting on the flight we were booked on. We ended up waiting until a 1:00 pm flight and barely got on that one we took the last available seat! After spending 7 hours at the airport we finally were taking off! We got into Utah later in the afternoon and soon found ourselves in Grandma's brand new beautiful home in Granstville. It seemed very strange to us not to drive up to Oakley. I still felt pretty yucky but I was pressing forward trying to do my best. The next day I was able to visit with Katie and see the baby (cute as can be) all day. But by the end of that day I was feeling worse. The next day I did the girls hair Elle was very happy to finally get her tips done. I took a trip into SLC with my Mom and Dad to get some things at the distribution center and Deseret Book but by the end of the night I was not feeling well at all. I wasn't able to hold off the flu any longer and my body and mind finally succumbed. I was flat out sick and miserable for the next four days I stayed in my jammies and either laid in bed or on the couch with my mom and dad taking care of me. I didn't even get to see Allison (soooo sad ) and that cute little pooch of hers. I guess if I look at the bright side of things I was with those that love me and took very good care of me. Whenever I am here and am sick all I do is whine and cry that I want my dad well this time I got my wish!! It was a bummer that I was sick and it wasn't the best break for the girls but at least I was sick at mom and dads!
Well it looks like Tanner has decided upon BYU Hawaii!! I am going to have to start saving my money to go to Hawaii for Christmas next year! He was a little disappointed that he didn't get into George Washington or George Town but I think he is excited to see more of the world and have an experience like no other. He will be done with school in 2 months and I just can't believe it! Where has all the time gone? Emma will be 15 in another month and I can't believe she is so grown up and responsible! I have even seen a difference in her attitude about school lately she is just growing into a beautiful young lady inside and out. Elle on the other hand is just as bubbly and crazy as ever and keeps me on my toes! She is always laughing at something usually at other people's pain! If only she would put as much energy into cleaning her room as she does talking to her friends on line!
While I was in Utah my mom found out that she had a stroke a couple of years ago (it is a long story)and so the dr. ordered some tests...she has since been told that she is very fortunate that she has not had a more major stroke at an earlier age because she has a hole in her heart that has been their since birth. She is going into the hospital tomorrow to have a procedure to close the hole in her heart and hopefully she will be fine after this. You never know when it is your time to go and I feel very blessed to have had the chance to see my mom last week and give her a hug and tell her I love her in person. I think we take our lives and just living for granted and it shouldn't take a medical emergency to realize how fragile life is but most the time this is what it takes to bring us to a realization that we are only here for a short time and we should make the most out of every single day by giving the ones we love the best of ourselves and not letting the small stuff get in the way of living and loving unconditionally. I love both my mom and dad so much and feel very blessed to have had them for parents.
Well I am going to go finish some of my deep cleaning....it feels so good to de-clutter and throw things out after all they are just things! So Scott don't worry if you can't find that lamp that has been in storage for 3 years someone else is getting good use of it!

No comments: