christmas

Thursday, May 26, 2011

No Worries

We recently had the Mother's Day phone call that every missionary family looks forward to while their son or daughter is serving.  Tanner actually was able to skype with us on Mother's Day.  It was so very exciting and the high light of my day.  He looked wonderful and sounded very happy and loves serving his mission.  He has already been gone for a full 5 months.  This is the longest he has been gone from home since he was in my belly and living in heaven :) 

I still miss him daily.  I miss talking to him, no actually I miss having really deep discussions with him. I miss laughing at stupid stuff with him.  I miss seeing him wear his hats.  I miss zoning off into space when he is lecturing me about politics and world affairs.  I miss him giving me hugs.  I just miss him.  But I am content and happy at the same time.  I know he is where he should be at this time in his life.  I don't even worry about him.  I know he is safe and being taken care of by a loving Heavenly Father. 

I am grateful for Missionaries who devote 18mo to 2 years of their lives sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.