So today I had an adventure. As much of an adventure as it goes in Grantsville. I went outside (in my pj's) to walk the dogs. As I walked out the door I decided to grab my phone (I don't know why) I was only going to stay outside for 30 seconds. After the dogs did their business I attempted to open the door. To my surprise it was locked. No problem...just walk up stairs to Barbie and Clark's house and go in and then down the stairs to my home sweet home. I went straight to the garage door the is ALWAYS unlocked. But for some reason on this day Barbie decided to be a little safety conscious. That's okay I will go to the back porch door and let myself in. No suck luck. That door was also locked. Finally I walked around to the front door, I really didn't think it would be unlocked and sure enough it too was locked. What to do???? Barbie should be home, I will knock. For some reason Barbie decided to leave the house on this 100 degree day and not even give me warning or tell me what she was doing with her day (she always tells me what she is doing with her day). Good thing I had remembered ti grab my phone. I gave Barbie a call. No answer. Two minutes later I call again. No answer. Five minutes later another call. After calling 10 times and still no answer I decided to just settle down onto the porch swing and visit with the dogs. By this time I had been outside for about half an hour when I had a phone call from Barbie. "Hi Barbie, where are you?" "Oh, hi Krys, I am at the store, what are you doing? I saw you called". " I am locked out of the house and can't get in. How much shopping do you have?" "I will be right home I will check out right now". 20 minutes later Barbie came home with 5 bags of Popsicles. Barbie to the rescue both with a key to get into the house and with something cool to help me quench my thirst :) I love Barbie!Side note:
Emma was on face book today while she was waiting in the airport in Korea. It took her 14 hours to fly from LA to Seoul Korea. She had a lay over for 4 hours there. She is doing great and things were going smoothly for her. She will email me once she gets to Hong Kong and let me know how things are.
Tanner's mission president emailed me today and said that he was being moved inland. He is serving in an area that is right on the coast of the Boston area. With Hurricane Irene on the move they thought they would take precautions to keep the missionaries safe and move them.
So now it is just Elle and I. It is weird to have two of my kids on their own. I have already started to miss Emma. It feels so quiet here in the house. I guess Elle and I will have to make some noise. (What will I do when Elle leaves for college??)
Scott is in Hawaii for two weeks. He has already been there a week and so will be home next Friday! Elle and I are glad that we have Clark and Barbie here to entertain us :)
I am grateful for my mom!
1 comment:
Best line from your post...
"No suck luck" !!
Don't you have spell check? hee hee
Post a Comment