I have finally caught up with Scott's old age...I turned 39 today just 4 days after Scott reached the last year of our wonderful 30's. I don't know many people that love their birthday as much as I do, but I sure do love when Aug. 10th rolls around each year. I don't know why getting older doesn't bother me like most people, but I love it. I have had a wonderful year and am looking forward to being 39 so much. I think that my life experiences have helped me grow to appreciate all that I have and realize just how blessed I truly am. I feel like I am the luckiest woman on the earth to have 3 beautiful and healthy kids who are truly great 99% of the time. (I can't expect my teenagers to be perfect all the time!) I also have a wonderful husband who loves me and supports me in all my efforts. I have a family far away but close in my heart and I have met wonderful friends where ever I have lived who will always be dear to me.
Some of the highlights from this past year have been:
1. Moving to Rochester Minnesota (one of the best places on earth!)
2. Seeing my kids grow by leaps and bounds this year... I think Elle literally grew 3 inches!
3. Taking two trips to Utah one at Thanksgiving (thanks dad) and the other this summer with the kids.
4. Having the opportunity to grow closer to Emma by understanding the trials she faces as a 14 year old young lady that has moved from her friends in Albuquerque to a strange new city. Finally seeing her embrace this new adventure and making friends. (I would never want to be 14 again!)
5. Exploring new sights and places as we discover what Southeastern Minnesota has to offer.
6. Getting shingles (painful!) and over coming the shingles.
7. Making it to 18 years of marriage and feeling like I am more in love today with Scott then I ever have been!
8. Getting golf clubs from Scott so I can learn to golf and spend more time with him!
9. Seeing Tanner grow and develop into a handsome and caring young man who wants to change the world!
10. Watching Elle grow into a tween and embrace her new life here with enthusiasm and confidence always caring about her mom and how she feels!
I am happy and healthy and truly appreciate all that Heavenly Father has given me. I am looking forward to this year and can't wait to share it with all of my family and friends! Thanks for always caring about me and loving me unconditionally.
2 comments:
What?
I've only been a handsome and caring young man since I moved here? What gives?
waiting.....for some new blog!! Get on it Krys.
Post a Comment