Well it has been a while since I have had time to blog. I apologize to Allison because I didn't realize that my blog would become such an important part of her daily ritual. I will do my best to keep you entertained on a more regular basis.
I am in the process of getting all my kids ready for school. Here in Minnesota school doesn't start until after Labor Day. I have kids in really different stages of life which makes my life more interesting.
Tanner is starting his senior year. I still can't believe that he is in his last year of high school. Scott and I spend a lot of time talking to him about his options with college choices but when it is all said and done I think there is so much pressure on kids now to get high test scores, take hard classes in high school and get almost perfect grades that it seems like society is putting a lot of unneeded stress on our children to early. I can't imagine being a teenager again and having to compete in this culture to try to get into a great school. Tanner seems to take it okay but he does have moments of extreme stress especially during finals when all his assignments are due. One other great development is that Tanner got his drivers license this summer and he has found out that he has gained a lot more Independence!! It is so wonderful to finally have him driving himself around to do all his errands. Tanner also was chosen to be a teen column writer for the local Rochester Post Bulletin newspaper. He will even get paid for his articles!!
Emma is just starting high school and I think that she is just as scared as she is excited about going into high school. It is such a transitional time in a teenagers life when friends seem to change as well as interests. I hope she can adjust to this transition smoothly without to many speed bumps. Emma has never been a fan of school so we are doing all we can to encourage her to keep her grades up. Her biggest motivation right now is that she wants to go to the midnight showing of Twilight on Nov. 21st and then miss the next day of school while she sleeps. I told her if she didn't have lower then a B in any of her classes that I would take her to the movie and sleep with her the next day. I think she may work hard to receive that reward.
Elle is starting her last year in elementary school. She seems happy enough to get back to school. I think this year will be a great year for her. She has been very focused on what she wants to do after she "grows up" that it has been a very positive thing. Elle wants to be a "baby Dr." (I have been unable to convince her to become a geriatrics specialist so she can take care of me when I am old and decrepit) and so I am always pointing out to her that she needs to do well in school and go the extra mile if she wants to be a dr. and she seems to agree and take school very seriously.
Now to me. The kids will be going back to school in less then a week and I will have extra time on my hands. I am actually looking forward to this year more then I have ever in the past. I feel great and healthy and am actually looking forward to volunteering in the schools this year (I haven't enjoyed volunteering the last few years, I think it was more related to my health issues) but I have a great desire to better myself. I will be taking golf lessons this fall so I can kick Scotts butt this year. I want to take a community digital photography class and I have almost convinced Scott to take a partner reflexology class with me (I told him it would be a great date night) I also have a few projects that I am working on at home. But the biggest part of my life this fall is getting licensed for foster care. Scott and I are still in the process of doing that. I am looking forward to bringing special children into our home and giving them lots of love. Actually the whole family is excited about the prospect of having foster kids coming to be a part of our family.
1 comment:
This is FROM Allison! Thanks Krys, you made my day! Aren't you just conquering the world since you're kids will all be in school (I'm just jealous because I want to take a photography class)! Say hi to the fam. Love ya.
Post a Comment