christmas

Thursday, July 14, 2011

20 hours in the car with 3 teenager girls....oh boy!

Oh so good to be back!  I just crawled into my bed after a two days and twenty hours worth of driving.  My back, neck, hands and knees are hurting, where is Ann when I really need her??  But I am so excited to eat an ice cream sandwich while blogging  in my own bed!  I sent the girls to the opening of Harry Potter but knew I would not make it through the midnight showing after driving all day long.  So here I lay all by myself experiencing peace and quiet (after being in the car and hotel room with 3 teenage girls for the last 48 hours I am relishing this time alone :)   The girls were actually really great, only a little teasing....Emma has Elle convienced that I once had a heart tatoo on my ankle that I had removed the year she was born.  I don't know why I went along with this only it was so funny to see Elle get a little mad that I refuse to allow her to have a tatoo.  We played about 10 alphebet games and I didn't have any luck finding any southern state license plates driving on the trip.  Other then that the girls were so good and kept me entertained and alert the whole time.  I had to go to the bathroom way more then they did.  I have decided that I am just getting old, plain and simple.  The girls can hold their bladders for about 7 or 8 hours but me on the other hand can only hold my bladder about 3 hours (if that).  There are some things that I do not like about getting more mature!

My trip to Utah was great.  I enjoyed my time with family and am looking forward to spending much, much more time with my sisters and all the nieces and nephews that I adore.  Only 2 weeks until we leave.  There is lots to do in the time remaining to prepare for this new great adventure!

I am grateful for the safe drive back!

No comments: