christmas

Monday, July 11, 2011

2011 Family Outing Bear Lake (Fun, Fun, Fun!)

My vacation to Utah has been full of fun and exhaustion!  Fun, because I have been surrounded by my favorite people in the whole world, my family :)  Exhaustion, because by niece Kylee had a blow horn with her and blew it in my ear each time I tried to take a nap!  I am going to be moving closer to Kylee in two weeks and I have some revenge in my pocket that I am going to share with her....she better stay on her toes!

Family outings are the best thing in the world.  I love being around all the so sweet and not so sweet nieces and nephews.  It is so fun seeing all the kids grow up and turn into teenagers and young adults.  Time goes by so quickly and before you know it they are all grown up and have kids of their own!

Some of the highlights were:  Team Competition, my team couldn't figure out the riddle (Tanner where are you when I really need you?) we took last place!  Pranks, using fishing wire, blow horns, and markers!  Awards Night!!!  (I won the academy for Eat, Pray, Love!! Tanner won the academy for Lost in Translation.  Elle won the academy for  Boy Crazy :)  Emma won the academy for Working Girl.  Scott won the academy for  Planes, Trains, and Automobiles)  Dodge Ball!!!!!!!!!!  Half dead chipmunks being thrown at Chelsee.  And finally the Newly Wed Game where Scott and I came in Last Place!!  Oh and we can't forget the Great Daltino Magic Show!!!!  BUT...the best part of the family outing by far was just hanging out and visiting with all 4 of my siblings.....GOOD TIMES!

My family is full of pranksters.  There is never a dull moment when all 33 of us gather to eat, sleep and play (lots and lots of playing and eating, not so much sleeping).   We went to Bear Lake this year and it was so beautiful and the weather was perfect and the raspberry shakes were the best!  Elle and I are going to venture up there again once we move to Utah and have ourselves another shake and homemade fries with some good old fashion fry sauce!!!  It will be worth the 5 hour round trip we decided so if anyone wants to join us please let us know!

Elle had her 14th birthday yesterday!  Wow!!!!!  My baby is such a teenager, especially the boy crazy part :)  She is growing up into such a wonderful young lady.  I have seen so much growth in her just over the last 2 months.  She has started to treat people the way she wants to be treated instead of thinking the world revolves around her!  I love her and she is a wonderful, amazing, interesting, intelligent, beautiful, and funny daughter of God.  

I am grateful for Elle!  and I am grateful for my brothers, sisters and parents!

No comments: