At 2:00am Tuesday morning my little poodle Sandy decided he had to pee. I, of course, was very unhappy with this but I couldn't let the poor thing suffer....plus he'd just end up peeing up on my floor which would make my Mom and Dad very unhappy. So I got up, turned on the light by the back door, opened the back door, noticed a big mosquito on the door frame, grabbed a flip flop, killed it, went outside, and hooked the chain on Sandy. As I stood and turned around I saw a sight to behold. There, on the door and door frame were a bunch of mosquitos. A bunch of BIG mosquitos. There had to have been like 30 of them and they were all the size of a golf ball. It was a terrible sight, so I screamed (which I'm surprised didn't wake my mother seeing as her room is closest), ran inside, and tried to shut the door but it didn't shut all the way, staying about 2 inches open. In my room I contemplated my options. I could wake my Mom or my sister and tell them to let Sandy in, I could suck it up and walk into the swarm, or I could leave him out there for another six hours until Elle got up. I decided on option two, thinking I was old enough to handle a few bugs and not call for my Mommy. But I couldn't go out there without my battle outfit on. I put on a pair of jeans, and a sweatshirt and put the hood up. Then I walked out of my room and towards the back door and realized there were tons of mosquitos flying around the computer room where I had turned the lights on before letting the dog out. I then ran outside, let Sandy of the chain, threw him through the door, ran inside, slammed the door (again surprised I didn't wake my Mom), screamed, made it half way to my room before I stopped, dropped, and rolled, terrified that I had bugs on me. Once I got into my room I stopped, dropped, and rolled again for good measure. I changed clothes and jumped under the covers afraid that some might have made it into my room. I then didn't let Sandy onto my bed for about 10 minutes fearing he had mosquitos attached to him, when I did finally let him up, I rubbed him down to make sure he was clean. Then I pulled the covers over my head, even though I was dying of heat I didn't dare pull the covers off in case I was attacked again and stayed like that all night.
And for the record, at least 6 mosquitos have been killed today. Ew.
The End.
(Good story, huh?)
No comments:
Post a Comment