christmas

Friday, May 4, 2012

Princess Emma, Princess Elle, Princess Ava and Princess Aurora

Happy Birthday to Emma!!  My baby girl turned 18 today!!!!  Wow, I am so amazed at how fast time flies by when you are having fun.  Emma has been a gift in my life and I am so blessed to be her mom.  I love that girl.

Today  a friend of mine had to have surgery and she is new to the area.  She and I met at school.  She was a client of mine and we hit it off.  Her name is Anika and she is the one that helped us find our horse and then she has come down to work with Emma and Phillip a couple of times.  Because she doesn't know many people and I really like her I offered to watch her 3 year old Aurora while her husband took her into the hospital and stayed with her.  I took the day off of school to help her out and to celebrate Emma's birthday :)

Our trip to the Zoo was so much fun.  It always bring back many great memories when I go to the zoo.  Tanner LOVED LOVED LOVED the zoo and because Tanner loved the zoo that meant his sisters learned to love the zoo.  Who wouldn't love the zoo if you had a big brother who knew more about the animals then the zoo keepers knew about the animals.  We never made an outing to the zoo unless we could just sit and observe the animals, we never ever just walked through quickly, we would always have to map out how we were going to walk through and decide which animals we were going to observe before we even got to the parking lot.  Now I know this blog isn't about Tanner but just understand he has been a great influence on his sisters over the years.

The main reason we went to the zoo today was actually to teach Emma how to drive there by herself.  She has to take her sister into the zoo on Saturday so she can start her training for her zoo volunteering job this year, so we decided to make a day of it.

My niece Ava was at our house this morning and Aurora really enjoyed her so we invited Ava to join us at the zoo also.  Scott and I set out (with Emma driving) to take a 3 and 5 year old as well as a 14 and 18 year old to the zoo.  It was soooo much fun.  Elle and Emma enjoyed taking pictures of gorillas pooping into their hands and then eating it (it was like watching a train wreck...I just couldn't look away!) and seeing the tiger fake attack their mother as it leaped out of the pool and clawed at the glass while I was standing mere inches away from it and let out a terrifying scream, because after all it scared the crap out of me!  They also enjoyed as a bird pooped right on their mom's head and face as we walked into the stinky  bird house.  And finally I think both Emma and Elle enjoyed seeing their mom run two little girls to the bathroom like a bazillion times (really, seriously it was 10 times to the bathroom so the girls could tinkle in the potty).

 After spending a great day with the best two girls in the world (that would be Emma and Elle) and having two little girls wear me out we finally got home.  I bathed Aurora because she wanted to take a bath in my bathtub :) and then after two minutes of watching Spirit with Emma and Elle she fell sound asleep!  I wish I could sleep like that.

I am grateful for Emma and all the beautiful memories she has given me.












No comments: