We flew up on Friday and stayed until Monday evening. Seattle was a beautiful city. I understand why they call it the Emerald City. It is a city full of hills and green trees everywhere as it is snuggled in-between the Olympus mountain range on the north the Puget Sound on the west and Mt. Rainer on the south-east it was amazing.
The weather was perfect to take in the sights. The only rain we experienced was a little bit on Friday night and I suppose it just isn't a trip to Seattle unless there is a little rain. We visited a fun attraction called the underground city where we learned that in the 1880's the city burned down and was rebuilt higher but the old walk ways were left for people to use so it was kind of like walking around in a deep trench. We walked along the board walk and went window shopping. We were able to see a Mariners VS Twins baseball game (probably my favorite activity). We went to the Space Needle and had brunch at the top as it rotated around the city (takes 47 minutes to make one complete rotation) twice. It was so beautiful!! One of the best parts of the trip was that we were able to meet up with a couple of Minnesota friends and as we spent time with them it felt like no time had passed since they sat at our kitchen table and shared a pizza on a Friday night just like old times. I miss my friends that grew to be family in Rochester.
The girls were on their own to fend for themselves. They did a great job of helping one another and keeping the house somewhat clean (Actually Emma did a great job, Elle not so good). Emma also took Elle into SLC to the Hogle Zoo so she could start her training for her volunteer job this summer. Emma made it to church Elle didn't. Over all it was a good weekend because the girls were alive (which is all I was really hoping for, after all Elle is only 14)...Emma on the other hand was annoyed that her sister was so lazy while we were gone. I had to remind Emma that Elle was only 14 and when she was 18 like Emma I am sure she would become a very reliable person like Emma has become.
I now know that Scott and I can now take trips without the kids and come back to a house that is not a disaster and I know that the girls will treat each other kindly or at least not kill one another!! I declare this trip a success :)
Scott doing his window shopping at his favorite store.
Kevin and Scott hanging out after the underground tour.
From a park up on a hill in the expensive part of town...oh I think every part of the city was expensive!
From the Space Needle, one view of a 360 degree view!
Another view from the Space Needle.
Take me out to the ball game!
LDS Temple. It was beautiful :)



No comments:
Post a Comment