Today we had a baptism in the family. Since the only ones that are reading this are my family than you already know this. Talon's baptism was special and it reminds me of why I live in Utah. I am so happy I was able to be a part of his day. Some days I really wished I lived far away from Utah but today I felt happy to live here.
Alice is really depressed. This is a very unusual mood for her. Usually she is very excited about her life and experience she is having in Grantsville. I feel very bad for her. I hope she can over come this challenge she is now facing. She is not happy about having to move. She is very comfortable living with us, we have done our best to treat her like a family member and I know she feels the love we have for her. It has been so good for us to have her in our life this year. It has helped me understand what Elle may be experiencing and therefore it has helped me have even more compassion and empathy for Alice and Elle. The only difference in Elle's experience is that she has not become attached to any of her families the way Alice is attached to us.
It is interesting how situations in life can cause us to go into a depression. I have been depressed for the past year. Looking back at my year I can see the progression of my depression. I have even considered going to the dr. and seeing if maybe my dosage of my medication I take should be increased. I have just been waiting to snap out of it though, hoping that it will pass, that perhaps I am just feeling a bit down. I think the first step in getting the help is to recognize that you are actually depressed. I hope by beginning to exercise and become more physical, it will help me greatly. The other thing that will help me is admitting that I have a problem. Because I know that I can over come this, my past experience has shown me that it is possible, I have hope that with a bit of time and help I can get past this bump in my journey in life.
Today my eating was a bit all over the place. I did so well, choosing healthy this morning and at the luncheon not eating any sweets and only a little soup and I have been drinking lots of water, but once I got home from picking Alice up in SLC I went crazy. I was hungry, my family was hungry, and while making dinner for everyone I had a couple of handfuls of chips, I ate dinner until I felt very full, almost sick like. I realized that I have to be prepared!! When I just go by the seat of my pants I can tell I will struggle. After dinner I made a menu and grocery list to get through this week (everyone is back to work and school). I took Alice with me shopping (she was soooooo, sad the whole time) and I stocked up on healthy supplies, no junk food. Tomorrow I will prep my week's menu and snacks. I know I can do this if I plan ahead! I also enjoyed a two mile brisk walk today.
I took a before picture yesterday. I will be downloading it and posting it maybe tomorrow. Thanks for all the support, I love my family!
Quiz Question! Which is my favorite??





No comments:
Post a Comment