christmas

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Being Renewed at Church

Today was a great day.  I haven't felt so much relief in going to church for a long time.  I think it all has to do with my state of mind and beginning fresh and new.  I have hope that this is a changing point for me and that by giving my burdens to Christ and taking one day at a time I can feel peace and joy as I did today.  Pray for me.  I need your support and good thoughts to be sent my way.  I am having a very difficult period at work.  I know this will change with time and it will get much easier but in the next couple of weeks I am facing a difficult trial.  I need to remind myself I am not in this alone and that my Heavenly Father knows me and what I face.  Through Christ I can do all things.

Thanks for reading my spiritual thought of the day.

I did fairly well with me eating today, probably because it was Fast Sunday, not really, to be honest I rarely fast.  I have never really been a faster, I have not had any real experiences when I felt my fasting really did any good, except that I donate money.  I think to understand and have power in a gospel principle you have to feel it work in your life.  I have really tried fasting with a purpose in the past but just haven't really felt that my effort made a difference.  I guess I should work on this.

I have been drinking my water today, I made a healthy turkey (left overs from thanksgiving) tortilla soup (I did have two bowls and felt very full, I don't like feeling that full).  I helped Alice make cookies in order to help cheer her up (it worked) and ate one cookie.  Pretty good for a Sunday.  Usually on Sundays I eat a lot.

I was reading my blog from the past and realized that I acknowledged blessings in my life each day.  I am going to do that again.  It really helped me see the silver linings and hand of God in my life each day.

I am grateful for my Savior.


1 comment:

T. Greer said...

The head image at the top there is waaay too old.