Today has been one of those days that just is long and hard but wonderful :) I made my first batches of raspberry/peach jam with the help of my great sister-in-law Amber. She is a great cook and all around home maker and I am glad she was willing to take me through it step by step, now I am so happy to say I can make raspberry jam! I am going to make another batch of it tomorrow just to give away!! I am so excited to have this skill. My next homemaking skill I want to learn is how to make really yummy bread and orange rolls (she is excellent at this too!) I am going turn into Molly Mormon Homemaker before you can snap your fingers!!
When I went walking with Elle tonight she said "mom you just have to much time on your hands. You never use to have any time to do this kind of stuff when we were in MN, you were always so busy doing other things for other people." I am excited to have some free time to do some things for my family now. It is an odd feeling not to be running around for others but be totally focused on my family and especially Elle! I think she kind of likes it.
I am grateful for Prophets who give us the council to get prepared for emergencies. This is our families focus this month as Tanner has given us a challenge to get our 72 hour kits prepared.
No comments:
Post a Comment