Today is Tanner's birthday. I feel sad that I can't talk to him. He is doing just great on his mission and I am sure he is not sad at all that I can't talk to him. He has better things to do then talk to his mom (this is a good thing). He was just asked by his mission president to learn Chinese in order to teach Chinese investigators. (He studied Chinese for three years before his mission but he hasn't had any Chinese for a year now). He will still be studing and teaching in Cambodian also. He is very happy about this new assignment but very humbled because it will be very difficult to study, learn and teach in both of those languages. If anyone can do it I know Tanner can (especially with the help of Heavenly Father).
I am feeling frustrated with Elle's experience with young women's so far. I was hoping that the leaders and girls (mostly the leaders, I know sometimes the girls just don't take the initiative on their own) would welcome Elle and help her feel comfortable with the program and help her feel part of the group. It is just not happening. I am not sure what steps to take. I feel like Elle is just falling through the cracks, she would be totally happy to not attend any activity or meetings if I didn't insist she go because no one notices her or talks to her or helps her feel welcome and part of the group. I saw this first hand tonight as I attended an activity with her (the parents were invited). Actually if I was 14 and new in the ward and was treated the way she was tonight I wouldn't want to attend anything either. My heart just aches for her.
I am feeling relieved and so happy for Emma. She is enjoying her experience in China. She told me today that she doesn't understand why Tanner or anyone else would want to ever live there permanently. (I think it is mostly because she doesn't like the squatting that is required to go to the bathroom) She is planning on taking a subway or train to attend church this coming week. This will be a 9 hour adventure, 3 hours to get there, 3 hour service and then 3 hours home! I can't wait to hear about her experience :)
I am so grateful for prayer. I pray that all of my kids can over come any challenges that they may face this coming week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment