christmas

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Attack of the Gnats...Ughhhhhh!

I had the opportunity to go into the new City Center today.  It was a beautiful day.  The sun was shining and warming the earth.  It was a nice time.  I met my sisters in there and we had a great lunch with my mom at the Cheesecake Factory.  It was yummy and I would highly suggest the raspberry truffle cheesecake or the key lime pie cheesecake.  One was very sweet and the other was very tart but they both were sooooo good!  After the cheesecake lunch my sisters and I found ourselves on the couch in the women's lounge of Nordstroms.  It is here that my sisters and I really bonded as they made fun of my very lovely large zit that is growing smack dab in the middle of my check.  I love my sisters with all my heart. 

I then came home to watch a little girl while her mom helped Emma with her horse.  The little girl's name is Aurora.  Just like the princess.  She is so cute.  We took a little walk around the block.  And then the nightmare happened.  I would like to now share with you the worst part of living in Grantsville.  In the spring when the weather gets just right and when I mean just right I mean beautiful, sunny and warm suddenly this town is swarmed with what is known as gnats.  These are very small very annoying much hated insects that swarm your head mostly the eyes, nose, ears and then of course the hair.  Oh My Gosh it is the worst thing in the world.  The weather is finally beautiful and I can't even enjoy it.  The gnats will be here for probably two or three weeks before they die or just move on somewhere else.   I have always hated this time of year because of this problem.  My mom use to have us kids wear nylons on our heads in an attempt to not let the gnats get to us so badly but it didn't really help at all.  We use to practice softball during this time of year and get eaten alive with the monsters.  Let me say again...I HATE THEM!

I am grateful for the chance to get to know my new friends Aurora and her mom Anika today.

I love my sisters!  Allison one year younger and Katie 8 years younger.  Yes that makes me the old one!  And I am the only one that still gets zits!  Can you see the cute one on my face?  (Hey girls at least I am not losing my hair!! hahahaha)

No comments: