christmas

Thursday, April 19, 2012

CRUNCH, CRUNCH! Warning graphic photos :)

Tonight Emma and I met the vet at the place where her horse is.  He had to get "fixed" or as Emma would put it "lose his man card".  It was all very fascinating and horrific at the same time!  I didn't think there would be any sound effects, but was I wrong.  The crunching of the pliers when they "cut" his balls was a sound to behold.  Oh my gosh it sounded like a couple walnuts were being cracked.  I hope you all enjoy the pictures.

I am grateful for Elle.  Most of the time she makes really good choices.  Sometimes we argue about the choices she makes especially when it comes to attending our youth church activities during the week.  She dislikes those greatly.  But tonight she surprised me when I told her she had to go to the activity and I was not going to be home to make sure she followed through because I was watching in horror and awe a 700 pound horse get his testicles removed.  I had little hope that Elle would actually go to the young woman's activity.  To my great relief when I got home I found that Elle had attended the activity!  I am so proud of her for making the right choice :) (She even walked to the church in the cold by herself to attend)

Before "the procedure"
the vet checking to see if he has 2 testicles :)

After a little medicine to put the horse in LaLa land he is slowly falling to the ground.

The vet has pulled those "balls" right out of his boy part, notice the position that the horses legs are in....does it look a little familiar to you ladies??  it reminded me of the gynecologist office! JS

That tool hanging from the horses male part is a huge pair of pliers!!  When the vet clamped down on the testicle it made a deafening crunching sound, just like it was crushing a walnut with a nut cracker.  Oh that's right it is a nut cracker!!!

Both testicles!  They looked like something that would be a delicacy served up in China!  No chance Emma's little horse will be making any baby horses in the future :)

How come the dr. never gives me a towel to put over my head when he is doing "special procedures" to me?  Next time I am in the stirrups I will be requesting a blue towel to cover my eyes with!!
Emma's little guy was just fine afterwards.  It took him about 15 minutes to recover and get up.  We are told by the vet that it will be just like nothing happened to him afterwards...why don't I believe him??  I think that is what all doctors tell their patients whether they are human or horse...I wonder if the doctors have ever had such procedures done on themselves??  If they have they might not make such statements!!  Hahhahaha



No comments: