christmas

Friday, March 18, 2011

Letting Go

It is very hard to let go.  I am struggling with the idea of Emma driving herself and Elle around.  Emma has found new freedom in getting her drivers license but it is very difficult.  It is much different even compared with how I felt when Tanner got his license.  He is a boy.  I knew that if something happened the world would see him differently then they do a 17 year old girl.  I use to get mad that my parents didn't treat my older brother and I the same.  I wanted equal treatment.  But until this week I didn't quite understand why my parents were so protective of me and not my brother when it came to driving privileges. 

But Emma needs to build her confidence and I am going to trust her judgements.  As much as it kills me I will let Emma spread her wings and fly.

I am grateful for Emma, she is teaching me a lot as a person and parent this year!

No comments: