Good day.
Tanner sent his pday email today. Every six weeks on transfer weeks his pday switches to Wednesday instead of Monday. I love getting his letters no matter what day of the week they come. His letters are actually the high light of my week. It is so weird to not be able to pick the phone up and call my son whenever I want. To not have any real time conversations is so difficult. I miss him so much. I miss his spirit being close by me. I miss his sense of humor and his crazy intense research he does for things that interest him. I miss his tender heart, his dorky laugh and sharing funny insights about people with him (he really, really gets my sense of humor). I miss having deep religious conversations with him and even talking politics (especially this year). I am starting to get so excited about his return. It is still months away but I know it will be here before I know it :) I never imagined that having a son serve a mission would bring me such joy and such longing for him. I feel that Heavenly Father has blessed me and our family beyond words because of his sacrifice. I love Tanner and feel so blessed to have him as a son.
Tanner's baptism.
Tanner almost has as much hair as Allison! Got to love the early 90's!


No comments:
Post a Comment