1. Emma and I attended our first caucus meeting tonight. Emma is just starting out on this adventure of becoming a "real voting" citizen by being proactive and involved in the political process. This was also my very first caucus meeting! I am a little bit ashamed to say I have never taken the time to be involved as a voting citizen. Don't get me wrong, I do vote, but I have never been active in this part of the process. It was a great meeting to learn how our government works, and be an active participant. It was interesting. I encouraged Emma to go with me and she was bored out of her mind but I think in the end she was pleased that she saw how our elections work.
2. We had the opportunity to learn makeup application today :) Emma did my makeup and I did hers. We watched a few videos on how to do contouring and fix problems areas of our faces. It was informative. (I learned I have a short nose and Emma has a long nose).
3. I saw an interesting thing happen to another student's hair today. She had bleached her hair so much over the last few months and then yesterday (against my instructor's best advice and him telling her NO a hundred times) she got another student to perm her hair and then it literally fell out. It was so damaged that as soon as a comb went through it broke off like it was cotton candy flying around the area. I still am amazed that she permed her hair. To her defense I think she is a young woman who doesn't know and understand limits. She is a little off. Then she shared with Emma and I that she was born 3 months premature and it all made sense. I say this in the nicest way, but I am sure she had a little brain damage. I have never seen anything like this in my life...sad.
4. I am grateful that Scott has returned safely home. I love when Scott is home.
I am grateful that I am a citizen of a country that has a constitution that allows me to be a part of the process of electing our leaders. I am so grateful for my beautiful model Emma who lets me apply makeup to her face and to lessons learned in school...do NOT perm hair when it is already damaged, it will fall out!!!
before
After
Emma filling out her voter registration card, (I had a republican!!)
1 comment:
Krystine,
I never comment on your blog, but I love seeing how you are doing. You and your girls are so cute and talented! Miss you lots! Sending warm wishes from California.
Tauna
Post a Comment