christmas

Friday, February 4, 2011

Flashback in Time to 1984!

Last night Scott took the girls and I to see Riverdance.  It is a performance of mostly traditional Irish dancing.  It was really amazing.  Most amazing to me is the amount of calories these young kids must burn during each performance!  Tonight the girls and I are going to see Rick Springfield in concert!!  I am so excited :)

There once was a time when I was in 9th grade when all my friends sluffed school to go to his concert in SLC.  (We were going to school at night because our school had burned down and we were sharing the middle school with the middle schoolers)  My parents had told me I couldn't miss school to go to the concert but all my friends were going so I was going to lie to my parents about it and go anyways (stupid peer pressure!)  I was just about out of the building when my typing teacher caught me and asked where I was going (I was suppose to be in her class at that very moment, I really am not a good lire when put on the spot) so I told her what I was doing and she informed me that if I left school she would fail me for the test that I was suppose to be in her classroom taking at that moment, even if my parents called in and excused me from her class. (she didn't know that my parents didn't know what I was up to and they would never call in and excuse me) So sadly I went to her class and missed the concert that all my friends attended that night.  But looking back I am grateful that my teacher helped me avoid having to lie to my parents and I passed the test and her class.  I can now type these wonderful blogs thanks to my typing teacher!

But I am excited to go to the concert and relive my freshman year in high school without having to lie!

I am grateful for adults who keep us on the straight and narrow path!

No comments: