Some days are filled with anxiety and this evening seems to be one of them. I know exactly why I have the bad case of the jitters and feel a tightening of my stomach but I guess I just need to learn to relax and work my way through it.
If I have just 5 minutes to meditate....I just imagine that I am sitting on a private beach with the cool ocean breeze blowing through my hair it is not to hot or cold just the perfect temperature 80 degrees. I can't hear anyone talking or other white noise. I am all by myself wearing a big sun hat, with comfy shorts and a big oversized shirt I am laying on a reclining chair listening to the waves as they rush onto the beach time after time in a rhythm that the birds dance to. I am able to focus on the smell of the air as I take deep, slow breaths it is fresh, clean and a little salty. The wind that surrounds my skin and hair feels cool and smooth as it hits me lightly. It is so serene and I feel peace in my whole body. I am not afraid of anything I only feel calm. As I feel the cool sand between my toes, I look out over the blue water and the white foam of the waves that are created as the water hits the beach as the suns sets the colors of the sky are a vivid pink, orange, red and blue. It is so beautiful and relaxing. No phones, TV, computers, kids, people with problems, or the outside world...just me and my stillness no other cares in the world...I love this place!
There...that is much better.
This is my calm happy place where I find peace. Where is your calm place?
I am grateful for the walk Scott and I took tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment