christmas

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Christmas and Nightmare on Elm Street all on the same day!

Tanner is getting on an airplane tonight to fly home to me!  I am so dang excited to see my son tomorrow that I feel like it is Christmas Eve!  As sad as I was last Sept. when he left that is how happy I feel for him to be coming home.  He will be with us a short 6 weeks and then off to school again.  I won't think about that day yet.

Today was a great day for the girls.  They both worked on homework without me even nagging!  They seem to be getting along and they both were in good moods.  This has been a really good day.

I will be going to the dreaded dentist tomorrow.  I really dislike the dentist.  I had a bad experience probably 8 years ago when the dentist gave me a shot and it hit a nerve going into my ear.  I have never felt that kind of intense pain ever!  And that says alot!!  Ever since then I have avoided going to the dentist often and I pray each time I do go that I will be cavity free.  But alas not this time.  I have two cavities to be filled that means I will be getting two shots (at least).  I remember the first time I went back to the dentist after my bad experience that I wanted Scott to go with me and hold my hand.  I think he thought I was joking because he kind of laughed it off but I really was serious.  I am finally to the point where I can go without wanting a hand to hold but I do use my child birthing skills of having an out of body experience to get me through the anxiety and pain.  I have learned to put my mind somewhere esle while I experience very uncomfortable (painful) situations.  Thank goodness for my natural birth books that I read 13 years ago.

I am grateful for airplanes that fly safely through the sky.

No comments: