christmas

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ending on a Positive Note!

God never said it would be easy, He only said it would be worth it.  I have heard that saying a million times but I often find myself thinking about it when things seem to be really hard.  My day with Emma was better.  She is sitting in the kitchen right now doing some geometry (she told me she was tired of hearing Tanner bug her about it so she thought she would do it to get him off her back, now how come she doesn't feel the same way about me?)  This morning didn't start out very positive though, I knew it was going down hill the  second she told me  "get out of my room and no I am not  getting up".  I had to take Tanner to an appointment so I couldn't stay here to fight it out with her (that was probably a good thing).  By the time Tanner and I returned she was awake and in the shower (that is an improvement from being in bed).  I still am not sure what I am going to do but as long as I have friends to cry and laugh with and a Heavenly Father that will listen to my prayers I think I will be okay (and so will Emma).

Funny thing is when one daughter is giving me problems the other seems to be on their best behavior, I think they know that I can only handle one rebel at a time and it would send me over the edge if I had both of them challenging me.  Also I think all parents should have to attend mandatory pyschology classes on how to deal with 2 year old, 10 year old, 12,13,14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 year old behavior.  I feel so lacking in parenting skills right about now!


I am grateful for the peace I feel right now.

No comments: