I thought Tanner did a great job of holding down the home front while Scott and I enjoyed a much needed break away from life, work and the kids. We drove the 3 hours to Ames Iowa to watch the Utes play the Cyclones. It was a breath of fresh air to be treated with courtesy by the opposing team. (I was always afraid to go to any games in Albuquerque when I was cheering the opposing team, sad, they were so rude and obnoxious!) But this was a totally different experience one that was fun and welcoming.
We went down with a few other couples that are also Ute fans and had a wonderful time. The women tried to solve the challenges of motherhood (sorry we were unable to come up with any answers for all of you struggling with a 15 year old, 13 year old or a 6 year old) while the men just had to stop for constant bathroom runs. I think someone in the group may need to get on some medication to help curb the feeling of needing to pee often, they do make medicine to control the urge to always have to pee! I won't name any names, Scott, because you know who you are.
The game was awesome. Utah kick some butt. We only heard 2 jokes about polygamists and the rest of the game the Cyclone fans were quite because there just wasn't anything for them to say, after all they did take a beating.
I feel so refreshed with our little get away that I am ready to face anything Elle and Emma throw at me this week. I can and will be a good mom this week!
I am so grateful for Tanner taking care of the kids this weekend and for Scott having the great idea to go to Iowa!
2 comments:
So how come you didn't share the story about the trouble you got into with the police? I see you posted the picture, but no story?????? :)
Yeah, I even missed that story!
Post a Comment