christmas

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Good Book Alert!

Today I was very productive.  I finished reading the second installment of "The Hunger Games".  I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a book just for the pure pleasure of reading.  It is so entertaining.  I like it much better than  the Twilight series.  Twilight was so predictable but I find The Hunger Games takes twist and turns that I didn't expect.  Sometimes my girls find a series that even their 41 year old mom adores.  I highly recommend it for your enjoyment, if you haven't already read the series.  I know lots of you are way more in the culture loop then I am and have probably read the books...so why didn't I get a recommendation from you all 6 months ago (Valeri?)

Actually I was more productive then just reading.  I got lots accomplished on the home front.  From running kids around to dentist apt., work, piano, paying bills, telling my kids to do school, crying a little to a friend on the phone, cleaning, folding laundry, taking (and making) many phone calls and making a great grilled cheese sandwich for dinner I think I accomplished a lot for a mother, wife, friend and rs president!  (oh lets not forget my workout too!)  I hope you all had as great a day as I did!

I am grateful for Carmel apples!

No comments: