Today I went to an appointment with someone who needed some help. While sitting there with her waiting to get her name called she leaned over to me and what seemed to be with her very loud voice, in front of probably 100 people at least (okay maybe only 5) and said "Why Honey! (often this person calls me honey) while I have been sitting here I couldn't help notice you are starting to get a beard just like me!" This made me want to cry and throw up at the same time.
Now ever since childhood this has been the bane of my existence. Sometimes mean rotten boys would make fun of my soft fine hair on my face. But most often what bothered me was looking at my Grandma and just knowing in my heart that one day I would be just like her. I fear that day may have come, (at least according to my not so tactful but honest friend).
You see it just can't be helped. My Grandma Dalton was known for her 5o'clock shadow and sadly that is one of the many traits she has so graciously handed down to her oldest grand daughter. For many years it bothered me but usually I just go about my business hoping that no one would notice my extra fine hair growing on my face. Just ask Scott what bothers me most about my body. He wouldn't tell you it is my extra fat rolls that are forever on my tummy or all my freckles splattered on my face or the fact that I have gray hair popping up everywhere on my head. I think that Scott would confirm with you all that the thing I hate the most about my appearance is the hair on my face. And my sisters would also tell you it the one thing they are always making fun of me for, that at least they didn't get grandma's hairy face!
Now just in case you are all wondering, yes, I have looked into hair laser removal to no avail. Because the hair on my face is blond it can not be done. Only those that grow dark hair can have it done. I am hopeful that some day (soon) the medical community will realize that Krystine Greer is alive on this planet and wanting to pay them lots of money to once and for all cure me of my most dreadful condition and invent a machine that can zap all my hair off my face and also while they are at it they might as well make it so I will never have another gray hair on my head!
If you are all saying to yourself "Krystine, it could be worse...much, much worse". I agree, I mean after all I could be on a deserted island with a endless bottle of whip cream and some really, really great books and someone to massage my back all day and lots of lobster and cheese cake and lets not forget to throw Scott into the mix too!
I am grateful to have the opportunity to serve people who point out my faults!
P.S. I am also grateful for another beautiful day! I love autumn.
How many of you can see my beard?
1 comment:
Well, I certainly can't see it in your photos and I didn't ever notice it when we were growing up, either!!!
Post a Comment