Well it is official! Tanner has gone through the process that is required to submit his papers to go on a mission. In about 2 weeks we will be getting a letter from the First Presidency of the church telling Tanner where he will be called to serve for the next two years. He indicated on his papers that he is ready for an immediate assignment but usually once you receive your call it takes another 2 months before you actually leave. That means that sometime around the first part of January he will be leaving but actually he could leave before then or as late as 6 months from now.
This brings many emotions to me. Mostly I am so excited for him. But I have already started to cry when I think about him being gone for 2 years with minimal contact by emails and a couple of phone calls each year. I know in my heart this is what he should be doing right now, I feel such peace about it, but I also know it will be hard on me and the rest of the family to have him gone.
Wow, what a great experience for him. I am willing to give him to the Lord. I know that through the refiners fire he will become the person the Lord wants him to become.
I am grateful Tanner is willing to make this huge sacrifice to serve the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment