christmas

Friday, June 3, 2011

10 things....

I have been thinking about what I can write about today (I know that it seems as though I wrote this on Friday but actually it is 1:20 am on the early morning hours of Friday so I am still counting this as my Thursday blog.  I was busy with Elle today doing fun errands.  Buying makeup and getting our hair done and going to Wal Mart and stuff like that.  She told me she is not looking forward to going to girls camp and I asked her why not and she told me because there are no boys there.  I then got to help a friend out with her kids while she went to an appointment and then was busy with a presidency meeting then off to my friends house for a movie night!  I haven't had time to write anything at all today until now.

But I am not sure what to write about...I think I will do a grateful post and write 10 things that I am truly thankful for.

1.  My husband.  I miss him so much and wish I could kiss him right now.
2. My kids.  They are so challenging and keep me on my toes.  I love to be a mom and have been blessed with 3 wonderful kids to raise to adulthood :)
3. My health.  I know what it feels like to not have good health from past experiences and I see others around me in my calling struggle with health issues and I am so grateful that I have an able body and mind!
4. My freedom.  I really am grateful to be a woman living in the US during this time period.
5. My friends.  They lift me when I am feeling down and laugh with me when life is funny. 
6. My computer.  I love the technology that keeps me in touch with friends and family and Tanner!  What a blessing it is to be so connected with people far away.
7. Beauty.  I know it is in the eye of the beholder but a few things I find beautiful are:  sunsets, large old trees, blue skies, first snow fall, babies, and my girls.
8.  I am grateful for really good food.  I love food and some of my favorites are:  whip cream (homemade is the best) lobster and crab, homemade bread, concrete from Culver's, and chocolate covered strawberries.
9.  Babies.  I love babies and am grateful for the way they make me feel, which is happy.
10.  And finally I am grateful for my testimony in God the Eternal Father and Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.  My testimony leads to faith, faith leads to action, and action leads to joy. 

No comments: