christmas

Sunday, June 12, 2011

first day

It is Sunday and I have been in Cancun for 24 hours now. It is so beautiful here. I know that that are many beautiful places around this great big world but as I look out over the azure ocean I find it hard to believe that this is what I get to look at for the next 6 days.
The weather is nice. It is hot and humid but nothing that I haven't experienced in Rochester and as I lay by the waters edge and get to feel the ocean breeze it is not so bad. The only thing that is wrong with the trip is the fact that I have become sunburned on my first day soaking up the sun. I used sunscreen I am not sure what happened. I even reapplied but I guess I should reapply more then once.

Tomorrow we are going to see some Myan rune's. I am very excited for this little excursion. I am going to lather on the sunscreen and wear a big rimmed hat and not let the sun touch my pink sore skin.
I am grateful to experience the ocean and this wonderful soft sand.

No comments: