christmas

Thursday, June 9, 2011

friendships a blessing forever

One day to go until I leave all the worries and obligations behind and enjoy the sun and people watching galore.  I am sure some people will be doing their own people watching my way...I am white as a ghost and will stick out like a sore thumb in Cancun but that is okay maybe when I get home I will have cooked a little and have some leather skin.

Tomorrow will be a very busy day.  I have been involved with a funeral in my ward and the funeral is tomorrow.  I haven't packed anything and I know when I talked to Scott he thought he would have me available to do last minute things for the trip.  I told him I was going to be busy most of the day with the funeral he wasn't very happy.  I just don't think he even realizes how much time being rs pres. really takes up.  Most of my behind the scene stuff takes place when he is gone and I don't mention to him every little thing I do.  I think most of the time being rs pres. is like a full time job.  I have the most amazing presidency that has supported me and helped me so much but even then much of what I do comes at odd times and requires confidentiality.  It has been such a blessing to serve as rs pres.  I have made some wonderful friendships.  Friendships that I would never have had the opportunity to develop without being in this calling.  That is what I am the most grateful for.  My life will be forever enriched because of the associations I have had with wonderful women.

Today I am grateful for the beautiful weather.  It was 70 degrees and right now as I am writing it is raining and watering my grass and flowers!

No comments: