christmas

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Girls Camp here I come!

I wanted to take a minute to write on my blog before I got to tired.  It is getting late.  I have had a million little RS things to do today because I have been out of town and today just happens to be one of those busy RS days.  I am leaving in the morning for girls camp, I will be gone for the whole week. 

I said yes to this assignment 5 months ago before I knew that I would be getting ready to move.  I now wish I knew how to say no.  I have not packed a single item and Elle and I will be leaving tomorrow.  I still have to find sleeping bags, bug spray (lots of bug spray), and other stuff to numerable to list here. 

This will be the 5th straight year that I have been asked to go to girls camp.  Each year they do it a little different.  I have gone from camping in tents in the high rocky mountains in NM with the fear of bears getting you in the middle of the night and waking to 35 degrees morning weather to camping in tents with torrential rain storms with the threat of tornadoes hitting the the middle of the night and having to usher 20 girls into a stinky bathroom shelter to wait out the storm.  Also the terrain is much different here in MN as compared to NM.  I have had wonderful experiences with girls as well as other leaders and have grown to love the stake I am a part of because of the friendships I have made outside my ward.  This year like last year we will be staying in cabins!!  I love staying in cabins, this is much better then tents.  This will be my last camp here in MN. 

Well I am off to prepare little treats for the lucky 2nd year campers I get to spend the next week with!!  Yippee :)

I am grateful for the experience of serving the wonderful young women especially my daughter Elle!

No comments: