I had a very traumatic day. I got up this morning at 7 am after my pain meds had worn off for the night. My tooth once again kept me awake and I finally took half a vicodon and it didn't really make me feel like it should have. Just barely took the edge off. The first thing I did after mowing my lawn at 7 am (I didn't want to face the heat of the day mowing the lawn) I called the dentist to see if he could see me. I stopped by at 10 am and he proceeded to tell me that I must have gotten some food stuck under my temporary crown. I then preceded to tell him no, that unless he put some food under my crown because it has been hurting since he worked on it last week that it wasn't food. He then told me to come back at 2 pm and he would numb it a little take off the crown and then clean it out for me. I left feeling upset and defeated. But when I returned I told him again that it was not food he decided to take an xray and found gas bubbles in my root which meant an infection. He decided that a root canal needed to be done. He numbed me up good and strong. I was shaking so badly and felt like I was having an anxiety attack then I just started crying. I had dark glasses on that the dentist has you wear so the bright light doesn't bother you. Good thing because I cried for about 5 minutes before I finally got a hold of my emotions and then went through the procedure. Now this is not the end of my story. When he finished he told me it was so bad that he wanted me to go to a specialist and have it completed by someone else. Oh my gosh I am worn out. I am tired of being in pain. I am tired of the dentist not believing me. I am tired of hating the dentist.....but on the positive side I leave for Cancun in 3 days :)
I am so grateful for numbing medicine. What would I do if I lived in the pioneer times????
No comments:
Post a Comment