christmas

Monday, June 27, 2011

Catching UP

It has been a while since I wrote in my blog.  Between girls camp and just getting through this weekend I haven't had a computer available or the time to sit down and write down some thoughts.

I have a couple of things that may be interesting/complain about today.

1.  I had the second half of my root canal done today.  It went fine.  The dentist (specialist) was very kind and gentle and I actually liked him ALOT.  My problem with the whole thing is this....I will be selling Elle in order to pay for the work done on this ONE tooth!  I have to pay $1200 to my original dentist (the one who opened up the tooth, worked on it, realized it was beyond his capabilities, closed it up, and then told me to go to a specialist)  I have to pay $1300 to my dentist today for the same tooth!  And now I have to return to the original dentist and pay another $1200 for him to put a crown on it!! 

Oh my gosh I think if anyone wants to make a million dollars that they should consider going into dentistry!!  It is costing me $3700 for one painful tooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.  When I got home I realized that I was starving and so decided to eat some left over soft shell taco.  My mouth was hurting, still numb and I wasn't feeling the best but I definitely was hungry.  I quickly put my cheese and meat on the shell warmed it up topped it off with some avocado and rolled it up.  As I was eating it I thought it smelled very funny and by the time I had about 3 bits left I decided to throw it away because I just didn't think it smelt right.  I went into the kitchen and looked at the pepper jack cheese.  (If you use pepper jack cheese you know it has all kinds of colors in it)  As I lifted it up to smell it I felt sick the smell was so bad.  As I looked closely I saw that it was all moldy with green ugly mold!!!!!!  Oh YUCK, I about threw up then and there.  I started crying to Elle and she came and gave me a big hug and told me I would be alright.  "Alright"....she didn't just eat the gross moldy cheese!  It took me a while to get over the sick feeling I had all afternoon (I know it was all in my head, but still I was sick!!)

3.  Girl's camp was a really great experience!  Elle was so excellent all week long.  I was so proud of her and her ability to go up to any girl in camp who looked like they needed a friend and just talk to her and make her feel like she was important!  She was happy and I just loved spending time with her and watching her as I see a huge transformation in her.  She even bore her testimony at the end of the week and it was so great as a mom to hear her testify that she knows her Savior loves her :)

4.  I have started the moving process!!!!  I called the movers today and they are scheduled to come pack up the house on July 25th and 26th.  They will be loading the truck on the 27th (WOW, I can't believe it)

I had the missionaries over for dinner yesterday and it was so sad to me to know that it may be my last time in Rochester feeding the sweet, sweet missionaries who serve in our ward.  I have a very close relationship with them and go out to teach with them about once a week.  I am going to miss that so much.  I love sharing my testimony and LOVE missionaries! 

I am grateful for modern dentistry procedures (can you imagine living in the early 1900's or earlier??? Now that would be painful!)

No comments: