I have such a love hate feelings about today. It started out rotten. I had to go to the dentist to have some drilling done on a tooth that has a crack in it and has been bothering me for one year now. I have blogged before about how much I hate going to the dentist. Well today was no different. Emma told me I should bit his finger but I didn't. I did get to have one of those wonderful shots into my gums that left my mouth and throat numb. But even though I couldn't feel any pain the sounds and pressure that come from a dentist applying a drill in your mouth and grinding away at my tooth really, really, really bother me. It causes me much anxiety and distress. I found myself asking the dentist not to talk to me because I needed to concentrate on going to a happy place in my mind and try to do some breathing exercises to calm down and relax. I find it is much like going through natural child birth when I am so anxious about something that I need to laterally take my mind and thoughts to a whole other sphere to make it through the stress. Basically I only feel this way when I go to the dentist and when I am having medical procedures done that I know will cause distress like having blood drawn (I always get poked 3 or 4 times before they can get anything out and the wiggling they do with those needles does not feel good at all). One time when I was really ill and going in to have a procedure that required me to be completely out they couldn't find a vein to use to give me the anesthesia and so after having 3 different people try all different places to dig into a vein this one very kind man found a vein in between my toes. That experience required me to go very, very, very far away in order to be calm and collect. So that was my opinion for today.
I have a few happy places.
1. the beach, nice a quiet no people around, weather is beautiful sunny 80 degrees and all you can hear is the sound of the crashing waves. That s pure peace to me.
2. I love sitting on a rocking chair and rocking my babies. One of the few happy places that I love
3. Laying in bed with Scott as he rubs my back and then my legs and even down to my feet
Now my apple for today is....Emma officially was accepted into the ILP program and she will be leaving for China at the end of Aug. She will be there for 4 months teaching young kids English. She is so dang excited and I think has a great amount of confidence in her ability in doing this on her own. I am so proud of her and the choice to live somewhere else in the world while sharing her talents and blessing other peoples lives. I think this will be a great blessing for her.
Scott got home from Cal. today. Most weeks he takes care of the hotels in Cal. but very soon he will be heading out to Hawaii. I can't wait to get to Utah and get settled into our life and start taking trips with Scott :)
So as you can see my day started out on the rocky side but has ended on the beautiful side with family, love, adventures, and snuggles! The best :)
I am grateful for my little sleeping pill friend named ambeian. He is going to help me sleep with out a worry at all tonight. It helps calm a busy mind and allows me to just sleep nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment