christmas

Monday, May 17, 2010

Follow The Prophets...be patient

Monday...this day was good and bad. I worked out early this morning and organized a party for Emma's people-to-people bon voyage as well as planned out an emergency phone tree calling list for her trip with all the families on it. After that was accomplished, I had a nice little nap when I dreamt that I had a baby boy that I found in the street I named him Kaydon. Scott decided to let me keep him because people (I think they were the mob) were trying to kill him. I had to hide him so no one would kill him. It was very strange. After I woke up I spent some time doing my Presidents job for the Greer Corp. like organizing bills, making phone calls and stuff like that. This part of my day was nice. Now to when it all started to go downhill. I have a daughter her name is Elle and she is a teenage girl. Do I really need to say more?? Some of you out there don't have teenagers yet so I will just warn you that some days are going to be very, very long and hard. Within 1 minute of picking my sweet teenage daughter up from school she started to argue with me. Now if you know me very well you know I am not the arguing type of person it really takes a lot to get me to the point of being angry. Within 5 minutes of my wonderful time with Elle she was grounded for the day. Oh well by the time I get it right with Elle I won't have any kids left to raise...that is unless Scott lets me keep any babies I find on the street.

I am grateful to learn patience as a parent. Thank goodness I read the Patience Talk by Pres. Uchtdorf from General Conference called Continue in Patience this morning while working out otherwise instead of being grounded Elle would actually be dead! She should be grateful I follow the Prophets!!

No comments: