christmas

Thursday, May 6, 2010

How was class today?

This is our only working computer right now.  That means that on occasion when Emma is actually doing homework she has first dibs on the computer.  That was the case last night when I got home from Ann's Idol night and wanted to blog, I couldn't because Emma was working hard (so she says and I hope) on an assignment that was due yesterday. 
I got an interesting email from Emma's speech teacher yesterday.  She didn't go to class yesterday (it is called sluffing were I come from).  Now I specifically asked Emma yesterday when I picked her up from school how her speech class went because I know she has been putting off doing this assignment for the last couple of days.  She casually told me it was fine.  But....come to find out she skipped the class.  Now I love Emma as you all know but this child of mine finds ways to challenge even me!!
I know we all make mistakes and that is okay because this is our trial time here on earth and there is no better place to learn from our mistakes but at home.  Heaven knows I was not a perfect teenager (very far from it!) I skipped classes all the time and when I skipped classes it wasn't to go to the library to work on an assignment, it was to leave campus and go drinking with my friends.  I just want my kids to be better then I was and make good choices that will lead them down the correct path in life.  I know that my kids are much better then I ever was at the same age and I admire them for standing strong when they have so many negative influences coming at them on a daily basis.  I hope after talking to Emma about the situation that she will not feel she has to lie to me in the future because really if you don't have trust in a person then you don't have anything.  Honesty and integrity are two very important traits that every person should strive to have.

I love Emma and I am grateful she is making these mistakes now while she lives with me when I can help teach and guide her.  After all my mistakes as a teenager my parents still accepted and loved me no matter what I did and I turned out okay and I know Emma will be even better then I am!

I am grateful for repentence and new fresh days to start all over.

No comments: