Day after Mothers Day blog....I am already in the dumps with Elle because I won't let her go to the school dance this Friday. (We, meaning Scott and I, don't allow our kids to go to dances until they are 14, every family does it differently and apparently we are really, really, really different according to Elle) I told her I would consider letting her go if she considered letting me chaperon it. She flew into a fit and told me "what is the point of going to a dance if your mother is there?" I guess I just have to take the brunt of her temper for the rest of the week...it is going to be one long week!
On the other hand Tanner informed us last night that he got 3 scholarships for his summer term and fall semester this coming up July and Sept!! Woot, Woot!! I am so happy for him and proud of him. He will also be returning home this June to stay with us for about 6 weeks before returning to school until Christmas. After that he will be going on a 2 year mission for the church. This will be my last "long" visit with him for a couple of years. When he gets back it will be Emma's turn to leave the nest too...oh my gosh....two kids down and one to go! I am sure the next couple of years will just fly by. Just like the rest of my life actually. I never thought the day would come when my kids would reach the milestones that they have reached and here they are growing up right in front of me.
I am grateful for headache medicine...I am going to go take some right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment