christmas

Monday, July 19, 2010

Banana Bread, Barbara, and Babies...the 3 b's!

Is there anything better then freshly made banana bread?  I love it.  Tanner and I made some tonight and I have now eaten one whole mini loaf all by myself.  I just can't help it.

Tomorrow Elle will be leaving for Utah.  We have been packing her stuff all day long.  She can only work in 60 second intervals because she has been watching Degrassi all day long and "just can't miss any of it" so in between all the high school drama she has been finding all her bras, under ware, socks, and outfits that she will need for a month long visit at Grandmas. 

I also got to hold a baby for two wonderful hours!  A friend of mine had to go somewhere with her husband and she asked me to watch the baby for her.  I love babies, have I ever mentioned this before?  If I could be a baby producing machine I would have had 6 kids...but it was not in the big picture for Scott and I.  I am happy to be the one that gets to hold babies at church and be asked occasionally to watch them during the week at this point and time of my life.  There is just something about babies that is so appealing to me
1. They smell sooo good!
2. Their eyes are so clear and it is like I am looking into heaven when I look into them.
3.  They smile at almost anything.
4.  They are so cuddlely
5. They are so dang cute even if they are ugly!

  It is like pure joy for me to hold a baby.  But it does make me miss when my own kids were that age.

I am grateful for the simple joys in life, like freshly baked banana bread, going to Grandma Barbara's, and babies!

No comments: