christmas

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Scandalous Behavior!

The end of a great day and I find myself blogging.  I got up early today to get some "stuff" done around the house.  We still don't have our aircontioning working and it was feeling hot inside the house by 10 am this morning.  Hopfully it will be fixed by this Tuesday since the guy who owns the house and will be repairing it is out of town until then.  So until that time I will just have to bare it.  While we have been suffering in the sweltering heat I have been thinking about those that lived during a time when there was no airconditioning.  I am not sure how they handled living and working in heat like that because all I want to do is lay on my bed half naked (in my G's) and do nothing while the fan blows on me.  I don't think people back in the 1900's could just lay around half naked (not really half naked but it seems like I am half naked) without it being scandalous.  I feel so lucky to be born durinng a period of time when there are so many conviniences. 

Seriously what in the heck did people do without:
1. microwaves
2. telephones
3. cars
4. computers
5. airplanes
6. deoderant
7. braces
8. indoor plumming
9. ice/cold drinks
10. tampons/pads that "stick" to your underware
11. and finally AIRCONDITIONING

I am grateful for the superb golf date that Scott took me on tonight!  I bet him on like 4 drives!! (that is really good for me)

No comments: