christmas

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oh What a day!

What an exhausting day!  I was up at 3:50 am just waiting for the alarm to go off at 4:00 am.  As I was getting ready for the temple trip I woke the girls up and Emma informed me that she didn't want to go (who does at 4:30 am on a Saturday morning?)  I told her I didn't care and to get up any way.  I had to run the Bumans up to the airport and was suppose to pick them up at 5:00 am but I was running a tad late because I was trying to print out directions on how to get to the temple in St. Paul from the airport.  I get a little anxiety about driving places when I don't know where the heck I am actually going especially in Minneapolis.  When I requested the directions on Map Quest it gave me like 10 different options from 10 different airports.  I went and woke Scott up at 5:05 and asked him how to get there and which airport directions to use and he told me to just stay on I 496 the whole time....he was dumb because that is not how you get there.  Finally I said a little prayer to myself and Heavenly Father that I would chose the correct directions and then printed them out and ran out of the house yelling at the girls to hurry up and get in the car!  I didn't arrive at the Bumans until 5:15am  (I was 15 minutes late).  Then I realized that my golf clubs were in the car!!!  They were taking a trip to a place far, far away and so they had luggage, lots of luggage and both their kids.  How was I going to fit everyone in and the luggage. 

By this point in time we just shoved everyone and everything in...it would have been  quite comical if I didn't feel so bad for being late and then not having room for everyone and everything.  Finally we got on the road (sorry Valeri! she didn't even have a place to sit so she sat in an imaginary seat that didn't have a seat belt and a piece of luggage was sticking in her back the whole time!)  The drive there was fine and the drop off went rather smoothly.

 A half hour later we got word that they had made it through security without a hitch and were able to catch the flight to paradise.  I had Elle be my navigator in the front seat on the way to the temple because Emma was still a little mad at me and she was sleeping.  Elle did a marvelous job and thank heavens I choose directions from the correct airport and we were able to meet the other group of youth kids to do baptisms.  It was a nice wonderful experience (Elle's first time and all!)

The girls and I arrived home after a full morning of stress, spirituality, fun and fatigue to find Scott getting ready to mow the lawn.  He told me that Tanner was still sleeping (that is all I could think of on the way home, was crawling back in bed for a nice long nap).  Tanner was suppose to go with Scott to the cities, Scott had been looking forward all week long to attending an airshow up there.  Scott seemed so sad when he told me that he probably wasn't going to go after all when I told him that I would love to go with him if he wanted me to.  He perked right up and said yes!  While Scott was mowing the lawn I laid down for a little nap and then both Scott and Tanner came and woke me up and said they were ready to go.  So instead of just Scott and Tanner it ended up being all three of us going to the cities. 

By the time we arrived and paid $30 to get in it started to rain and they closed the show down!  Oh well Scott did get to see a couple of old WWII vets who flew fighters and chatted with them, that made the trip all worth it he said.  We then left and had a nice late lunch and then went shopping.  I love shopping!  Tanner hates it.  But it was still fun and I had a great time.

That is the end of my day...sorry if you are bored by reading it!

I am grateful for my favorite girls, I had a great morning with them.  I am also grateful for my favorite men.  I had a great afternoon and evening with them.

No comments: