It has gone on almost two weeks without an air conditioning but finally the day arrived when all the planets aligned, the stars sparkled a little brighter and the birds were all doing their mating dance because (insert heavenly music here) our air conditioner is now blowing out the most wonderful freezing cold non humid air!!! It was so hot and sticky in our house last night that Scott took Elle and I to the hotel to get a good night sleep. (Tanner thought we were being a bit redick and so opted to stay home and care for the dogs while Elle and I watched the movie Babies on the hotel movie channel. The babies were so cute. I liked the one from Japan the best and Elle liked the baby from Mongolia the best but they were all really adorable).
Elle and I got up early this morning because we needed to take Oreo to the vet to get his teeth cleaned. They put the dogs completely under to do dental work. ( I think that I might go to the vet next time I have work done on my teeth at least I know I won't have any memory of pain to blog about that way!) We then drove around ALOT in our air conditioned car because I didn't want to spend a lot of time at home in the heat. We had a great day spending our time aimlessly driving around out in the country. It was beautiful, I mentioned to Elle how much I love Minnesota because of all the rolling green hills and she then said she hated all the green and wished that there was a place that had lots of black because that is her favorite color. I love Elle.
We also ate out one last time tonight because I couldn't stand to cook in my hot kitchen. We have eaten out since last Friday.
Friday night ~ El Co rumbas (Mexican)
Saturday night ~ Skyline in Lake City (seafood)
Sunday night ~ Ann's house with the missionaries (that was suppose to be our house but Ann so generously took pity on the Greer's and allowed us to bring the food and crowd to her house so we didn't have to all melt in the heat of our kitchen! I love Ann)
Monday night ~ Little Cesar (Pizza)
Tuesday night ~ Ann's house with the missionaries again!!!
Wednesday night ~ Subway (sandwiches)
I have been spoiled for the last few nights but I actually would have traded any of those meals (except my date night with Scott on Saturday and the dinners at Ann's cause there is nothing better then friends who love you) for a nice cool kitchen to cook in!
I am grateful for many things this night...a cool air conditioned home for one and great memories with Elle...and the thought that Emma will be home soon...and a husband who wishes his wife would cook a meal but understands that there is just no way...and Tanner for just being home!
I took a 10 minute nap today and because I took that nap I missed Emma's phone call :( that will teach me not to take naps!
No comments:
Post a Comment