christmas

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Knock, knock...who's there at 6am?

Tuesday July 6th is off to a great start!  Scott and I were woken up at 6 am with a ding dong at the front door.  Who in their right mind would come to our house that early in the morning and expect a welcome and smile from two very tired half naked old people?  (Scott and I are sleeping half naked...remember no air conditioning will do that to a person...it had nothing to do with what you are all thinking right now!)  As Scott is the man of the house he went to the door and let me continue to be sweaty and hot in bed.  It was a policeman!  He was informing us that someone who the caught had broken into our Durango during the night.  The culprit was apprehended and was spilling all the beans about who in the neighborhood he had ripped off!  So Scott proceeded to tell the very nice officer what was in our car and low and behold all the missing items were in the nice officers trunk!  Good thing we really don't keep valuables in our car (at least not last night)...Bad thing is that I didn't lock the Durango because they didn't touch anything in the van because Scott had locked it.  (He had all our golf clubs in the van heaven fore bid that those got stolen!!)  So now I have learned a good lesson.  Always lock your cars and houses...you never know when they will just come right in the door and take your lap top off the kitchen table (that's right were it was sitting in plain view last night).

I forgot to admit that I took a nap yesterday.  I feel like it was a very well deserved nap after getting up at 6am to help the High Priests cook 4th of July breakfast for the ward.  I guess it is highly unusual to have a female in the kitchen helping for this activity, no less then 8 men asked me what I was doing.  What I was doing was supporting my husband in his calling...he asked me to come and help and I was happy to do that (heaven only knows how many times I have wrangled Scott into babysitting the nursery group for Enrichment night so the women can enjoy an evening without their children hanging all over them)  I figured it was about time Scott needed a little help with an assignment.  The other men were not so happy about it though.  Scott was very happy and grateful though so it was all worth it.  So that brings me to my nap.  I came home at 11am from a morning of cooking for 250 people and it was already sweltering in our house so I once again undressed down to the G's and laid down.  Soon I was asleep.  It was wonderful to awake 3 hours later and feel refreshed and looking forward to an evening with Scott and the kids.

I am grateful for policemen who keep me safe and put their lives on the line every time they work. 

P.S. no nap today (yet) but I am going to do my best to not take one.  All I needed was Tanner to come home and cure me of my napping habit! 

No comments: