The four hardest languages to learn (based on the State Dept list) are:
1. Chinese
2. Japanese
3. Korean
4. Arabic
Just a tid bit of trivia that I know you are all dying to know! But this is the kind of conversations that we have in our house on an average Sunday night. We are always learning really interesting things about language and other really odd facts about things that Emma really doesn't care to know about.
Khmer is the language that Tanner will be learning it is a level 3 language according to the State Dept. The State Dept. labels all languages according to its difficulty. Only 4 languages make it onto the State Dept. hardest level 4 list and they are listed above. Level 1 languages are Spanish, French, Italian, German (they are Latin or Germanic languages, like Western European languages). Level 2 Swahili, Finnish, Greek, and Hindi are among the second easiest to learn. Some other level 3 languages are Timil, Hebrew, Russian, Turkish, Mongolian, Indonesian.
Emma and I have decided that we think any language other then English is a level 4 to us and even English is a level 2 to us!
I am grateful for my family! Like my friend Valeri tells herself when she is struggling with her children "Children are a blessing". This is what I have been telling myself all night long! But at least we are ending on a good note :)
No comments:
Post a Comment