christmas

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Everyone should have carbon monoxide detectors!

Lots has happened in the last 24 hours.  After I got done blogging last night we had a carbon monoxide scare and ended up staying in the hotel.  We are blessed that we had co detectors.  After they sounded last night Scott and Tanner decided to change the batteries in them because being new to the house we didn't know if they were going off because they just needed some fresh batteries.  After the battery change they stopped beeping.  Emma was very uneasy about going to bed but Scott felt like it was safe because they stopped beeping after changing batteries.  I didn't feel right about it either and asked Scott to call the fire dept. and have them come out and check it.  After the firemen came and told us that we had unhealthy levels and then a furnace guy came and "red tagged" us which means he told us he was going to shut down our furnace because it was putting out dangerous levels of carbon monoxide we had no choice but to pack up and get out.  The fire dept. told us that it would have been disastrous if we had just gone to bed instead of checking further.

I am grateful for the spirit that whispered to me.  I am grateful for Emma who is a worrier.  I am grateful for another day with my family.  I am grateful for LIFE, what a blessing it is :)

1 comment:

Michele Marriott said...

Krys, that is awful! I'm so glad you're all safe. What a blessing, indeed. How long until you can go back home?