christmas

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What a beautiful Day

Happy Day.

We just dropped Tanner off at the airport.

He was set apart last night as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

In his blessing he was told his voice would be as an angels voice to many and that it would sound as a trump.

Tanner has much compassion and love for others and I know he will touch many lives as he spreads the good word.

I only shed one tear as I kissed my boy good bye (I have shed hundreds privately). 

Okay, on to other things....

I am going to take a placement test today at RCTC (the local community college).  I applied last month and I was accepted (they accept everyone).  I am happy to report that I am going to start my college journey with one class this semester and then increase my class load with each semester.  I just really need to take that step and start, even if it means starting at the very beginning with one class.

I am not sure what I am going to study, I have plenty of time to work all that out.  I just want to reach this goal of getting a college degree and it may take me 15 years...(hopefully not, but still if it does that is okay).

So I have said that I wanted to share my goals with you for 2011.  Here you go....

Last year I set 4 goals:
1. Blog every day
2. Read my scriptures every day
3. Pray every day
4. Do a good deed every day

I think I did very well at working each day to achieve my goals.  I did fall short in some areas but in others I succeeded!  I feel great about my efforts and I don't think I have ever felt like I have been so diligent at working towards reaching my goals before.

This year I also have 4 goals:

1.Prayer on my knees morning and night
2.Attend the temple once a month
3.Take one college class this semester and two classes the following semester and three the semester after that.
4. Work out 5 days a week

Some of these goals will be more difficult then others to achieve but I know with encouragement and determination I can reach my goals and feel good about what I am able to accomplish.  I know my testimony will grow, my body will be healthier and I might even get smarter (they may not be true but I will tell my kids that).

(I will continue to read my scriptures and blog because these goals have become habits that I am happy to continue, it is also natural for me to do a good deed)

Well today I have much to be grateful for....I am grateful for Tanner.  I will miss him dearly.  I love him more then I miss him.  I am proud of him.  I know that he is doing the right thing.  I know Heavenly Father will take care of him.  I feel absolute trust and faith in my Heavenly Father, this is the reason I am happy to give Tanner to the world with out much contact.  I have such a peace about what he is doing.

P.S. We are all happy and healthy.  The furnace is still not working but we have many electric heaters heating our home (we have only blown a fuse once!) and will be getting a new furnace by the end of the week.  Thank you to everyone who have offered to help us!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I am SO proud of you for going back to school:) I know lots of us in our age group doing the same thing. Way to go! And congratulations on Tanner's new journey. What a wonderful Mom you must be:) Much love!