christmas

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Falling down

I woke up today and could hardly move.  I tried to remember if I had worked out yesterday and perhaps had over done it.  No the only thing I did yesterday was eat 3 donuts...why then was I so sore?  As I was standing in the shower trying to let the hot water do some magic on my sore muscles it dawned on me why I was in such pain.  I fell on the ice yesterday!  I was taking the garbage out to the end of the drive way when I slipped and fell from the top of my drive way all the way down to the bottom :(  I fell onto my right side as I tried to brace myself for the fall and that was the side of my body that I could not move).  So sad.  What was even worse is the fact that my neighbor across the street watched the whole graceful episode and then asked if she needed to get help as I sheepishly replied no only my ego was injured.   I found out this morning that more then my ego was hurt.

It just shows you how your actions from today can affect tomorrow...

I am grateful for my sore body, it makes me appreciate my body when it is healthy!

1 comment:

Michele Marriott said...

Ouch! Make something warm to drink and try to get a little rest..