We got our first letter from Tanner today! It was so nice to hear from him. He is doing really great and said that his adjustment into the MTC was smooth. He seems to be enjoying what he is doing which I think is learning the language for much of the day. He said he likes his companion who is from St. George.
I am so happy to have gotten a letter from him.
I had a very busy day. I have begun to do "10 days of truth" this is a program that the missionaries go through (I am not sure if it is Minnesota specific or not) But what it means is that I am reading the Book of Mormon in ten days! I am reading it with my friend Emily who has been taking the discussion with us since Aug. Today was our second day. She comes over at 8:30 in the morning and we read out loud straight for 3 hours. Today was a really great day. I could feel the spirit as we read and then had a really great discussion afterwards. I wasn't sure if I could actually accomplish this with everything else that is on my plate at the moment but where there's a will there's a way! Heavenly Father is blessing me to be able to get everything done.
Tonight is our last night with the kids that have been staying with us. Their mom gets out of the hospital tomorrow. It has been a challenge and very difficult at times but also we have had wonderful tender moments when those kids have brought much laughter and joy into our lives....but I am ready for a break.
Well I am going to go spend some time with my husband...it seems we have both been very busy lately and I need to give him some attention.
I am grateful for modern day prophets who lead and guide us in these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment